When Namada is in
mainnet, the web wallet will be available in most browser extension web stores. For now, the user can install it from source by following the instructions below.
- Follow the instructions for the testnets to connect to a testnet or set up a local node.
- Figure out where the base directory is stored and save its location as a variable such as
export BASE_DIR=<path/to/base/dir>. You can follow these docs to save this variable. Go ahead and save the chain id as a variable as well. You can find the chain id by running
cat $BASE_DIR/global-config.toml. Save this chain-id to the variable
- You will need to edit the CometBFT config in order to allow the web wallet to connect to your node.
The CometBFT config will be located in
$BASE_DIR/$CHAIN_ID/cometbft/config/config.toml. You will need to change the
["*"]. You can do this by running
sed -i 's/cors_allowed_origins = \[\]/cors_allowed_origins = ["*"]/' \ $BASE_DIR/$CHAIN_ID/cometbft/config/config.toml
- Clone the namada-interface repository (opens in a new tab).
- Follow the installation instructions in
namada-interface/apps/extensiondirectory and run
yarn start:chrome. This will build the extension and place it in the
namada-interface/apps/extension/builddirectory. It also starts the dev server which will watch for changes.
namada-interface/apps/namada-interfacedirectory and run
yarn dev:localin order to launch a local instance of the web wallet.
- Add the extension to the browser. For example, in Chrome, you can go to
Load unpackedand select the
You can show the address of any account by pressing the
Receive button in the initial view under the "Total Balances" tab. You can copy the address by clicking the copy icon next to the address.
This will also display a QR code that can be scanned by a mobile wallet.
In order to send transactions, you can press the
Send button in the initial view under the "Total Balances" tab. This will open a modal that will allow you to send tokens to any account, from any account in your wallet that has a positive balance.