Welcome to Namada's docs!
Namada is a Proof-of-Stake layer 1 protocol for asset-agnostic, interchain privacy. Namada is Anoma's first fractal instance and is currently being developed by Heliax, a public goods lab.
Key innovations include:
- ZCash-like transfers for any assets (fungible and non-fungible)
- Rewarded usage of privacy as a public good
- Interoperability with Ethereum via a custom bridge with trust-minimisation
- Vertically integrated user interfaces
Overview of features
- Proof-of-Stake with governance to secure and evolve Namada
- Fast-finality BFT with 4-second blocks
- Near-zero fees
- Trustless 2-way Ethereum bridge via IBC implementation on ETH
- IBC bridges to chains that already speak IBC (all Cosmos chains)
- Convert Circuit (shielded set rewards)
- A reference interface
- Ledger application
For high-level introductions, we recommend:
- Article: Introducing Namada: Shielded Transfers with Any Assets
- Article: What is Namada?
- Talks & Podcasts
To learn more about the protocol, we recommend the following in-depth resources:
About this documentation
This book is written using mdBook, the source can be found in the Namada repository.
Contributions to the contents and the structure of this book should be made via pull requests.